Seufert Construction was founded in 1870 by Benedict Seufert, a stone mason.
The business was passed through 2 generations and grew into a general construction company through the leadership of Leo Seufert. Leo's son, Wayne was a licensed professional engineer & purchased the company, transitioning from a strict hard-bid dependent company to a design/build contractor, which was unique for this area in the 1960s. Employees of Wayne, Pat Tretter & Mike Kluesner purchased 100% of the company in 1984. Pat passed away in 1997, leaving Mike the sole owner, until Pat's sons, Kevin, Scott & Brian bought into the company in 2001. In 2011, Scott & Brian bought out Mike & Kevin and have grown the company to 50 full-time employees while also leading subsidiary companies, Progressive Investment & Access Storage. In 2021, Kyle joined Brian & Scott as an owner of Seufert Construction where he will continue to oversee the financial aspects of the company and lead the pre-construction team.
Known for our professional services & quality work by our skilled labor force, we have built strong relationships with a variety of types of industries including healthcare providers, education institutions, financial/banking facilities, manufacturing businesses, religious & historic structures, corporate offices & public use venues.
Seufert Construction continues to provide quality commercial construction services to southern Indiana. The company has grown to employ 50 qualified & skilled employees and Brian & Scott strive to continue to improve & grow the business that started back in 1870.
After 148 years of operating out of the same building, Seufert Construction moves about a half mile North of its historic location to 2125 Main Street. The new facility features a remodeled office space & modern warehouse space for the operation of the construction company's 50 employees.
Scott Tretter and Brian Tretter purchase the remainder of the company from Kevin Tretter and Mike Kluesner and continue to operate the company in the tradition of their predecessors by providing unparalleled quality construction and excellent customer service.
Pat Tretter's Sons, Kevin, Scott and Brian, buy into the company and become equal owners with Mike Kluesner. The team of four continue to expand the company on the same premise and principles that Mike and Pat set forth.
Following the untimely passing of Pat Tretter, Mike Kluesner becomes sole owner of Seufert Construction.
Pat Tretter and Mike Kluesner, both employees of Wayne Seufert, purchase 100% of the company's stock. Over the next 13 years, Pat and Mike focus their efforts on growing the construction business by providing high quality commercial and industrial building services to the local market.
Leo's son, Wayne, joined the company after earning a degree in engineering. Wayne later became sole owner/operator and also formed the engineering firm, Wayne E. Seufert & Associates.
Leo Seufert acquires sole ownership of the company and the business continues growing in the direction of general contracting, construction and supplies. Meanwhile, the monument branch of the business is discontinued.
Benedict Seufert turns the family business over to his sons: Leo, Albert and Edward. The newly formed company is named Seufert Brothers and expands from the monument business to include construction of bridges, schools, gymnasiums and industrial buildings.